Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Review of Portal to Adventure, Part Eight

When I had initially conceived of writing the John Smith stories, I had planned to write them as a frequent and regular serial, with new installments every week or two on the outside. Having a full time job and family has made that a bit more problematic than I had expected, but now I have strong evidence that the month or three between parts is or most likely is effecting readership.

Mr. Stephen Fitzgerald of Canada had this to say in his review of part eight on Nov. 27, 2009: "Great story, but the episodes take way too long to come out. I wouldn't buy this until the story is finished."

I think that says it all. Thanks for the feedback Stephen and while I'm glad you liked the story, I will endeavor to get the chapters out more frequently. In any case, Book One should be wrapping up by chapter/part twelve or so, only four parts left. I'm going to make it my goal to get it out in a month, even before Christmas which is less than a month.

Thanks for the push!

3 comments:

Boris said...

hey mate, any idea when part 9 is coming out? I'm one of those readers who wants to read a whole book instead of waiting months for each chapter...

Boris said...

oh and happy new year mate.

E. Patrick Dorris said...

Just finishing it up. Sorry for making you wait. When I started this story I was going to have a chapter every week to ten days max. I guess I was overestimating how much I could write while still holding a full time job and family! But I'm on it..Happy new year to you to.